Friday, March 04, 2005

Life is boring when you are lazy

I can see it now.

I can see my life heading down that path - that clichéd overtold life story that 35 year old men talk about on a daily basis. One where they regret everything they've done, hate their shitty job, family and wonder what happened.

Granted these men have less human capital than the average AIDS ridden Somalian, but their story has some redeeming qualities we can learn from.

How to avoid the downward spiral that is life?

It starts when you are 10 years old and you get the pleasure of receiving an allowance if you do your chores - your first responsibility. As responsibilities increase, enjoyment of life decreases, but there are ways to minimize these losses.

This is there the 35 year old loser fails, and I hope to win - because I can see my path. I can see myself going down that path just as easily as they did.

You just have to accept the fact that life isn't going to be as fun as it was 5 years ago, no matter what age you are. When I was 19, I still didn't care about much. I went out drinking 3 times a week or more, spent whatever money I had and lived my life day to day. Now, just 5 years later I'm planning for the future, saving money and only drinking maybe once a week. Some would call me pathetic, but I'm just trying to maximize my future and current happiness. Yes I know thinking about the future really sucks, and is hard to perceive the long term benefits but even a short-term maximizer like myself can realize that some planning must be done.

Which brings me to my newest shitty life problem that I have to deal with.

Last week I got fired from a part time job I've had for 5 years. Now its not the end of the world, I'll easily get another job, but now I'm stuck with the problem of figuring out what to do every day. I'm still in school so I'm not going to get another job untill I'm done, which leaves me with a ton of spare time that used to be taken up by working. Now being the lazy piece of shit that I am I've spent all my days since the incident doing absolutely jack shit nothing. This blog update is the sum of my production for 1 week. I always envisioned that if I won the lottery I would quit my job and do nothing. Turns out nothing isn't all it was cracked up to be. I sleep for 12 hours a day now, getting up only because it litterally becomes uncomfortable to stay in bed. I check the internet, read a ton of useless shit, maybe play guitar and some video games then goto bed... . Within a week I've defined what a meaningless life consists of and I can see how this can effect people. Most losers in life let these situations effect them negatively and have trouble regaining motivation to get back on track. Now I may be an unmotivated sack of shit, but I can still see my future. I know exactly what I need to do to get the life I want, so I'm not worried. I can waste a few months and still be A OK since a few months is meaningless - life is fucking long.

Anyways I have an exciting weekend of jacking off and internet surfing to plan for, so I'll end it here, maybe I'll actually eat today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home